|Doug and Carrie go shopping to make a homemade Thanksgiving dinner in "Supermarket Story" in Season 1.|
|King of Queens episode|
|Season 1, Episode # 10 |
Episode # 10 in series (207 episodes)
|Originally Aired:||November 23, 1998|
|Written by:||Cathy Yuspa|
|Directed by:||Rob Schiller|
|Guest stars:||Dana Gould|
|List of The King of Queens episodes|
Supermarket Story was the tenth episode of Season 1 of The King of Queens, also the tenth overall series episode. Co-written by Cathy Yuspa and Josh Goldsmith, the episode, which was directed by Rob Schiller, originally aired on CBS-TV on November 23, 1998.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A trip to the supermarket sees Carrie guilted into agreeing to make a homemade Thanksgiving and Doug running into an old friend he can't remember. Donny Osmond guest stars as himself.
Full summary[edit | edit source]
Doug, Carrie, and Arthur head to the supermarket on the day before Thanksgiving. Carrie is challenged by making a whole Thanksgiving dinner from scratch by Arthur's demands. Doug meets a guy that he does not know, but the guy knows everything about him. Soon, all of them find the true meaning of Thanksgiving.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main/Recurring Cast[edit | edit source]
Guest starring[edit | edit source]
- Dana Gould as The Guy
- Donny Osmond as Himself
- Patricia Place as Supermarket Sample Lady
- Cristine Rose as Helen
- Parry Shen as Stockboy
Goofs[edit | edit source]
- "The Guy" puts his checkbook away when Doug refuses to take money, but it is suddenly back in his hand when Doug agrees to take it.
- When Carrie and Helen argue about the shopping cart, a dark-haired woman in a blue-and-black sweater watches. It then cuts over to Arthur, and this woman is seen passing behind him, carrying a shopping basket. When it cuts back to Carrie and Helen the woman is standing there again as if she'd never moved, and is not holding a basket.
- When Carrie puts the 3 TV dinners in the shopping cart, as the shots change back and forth, so does the arrangement of the TV dinners.
- When Carrie and Arthur throw a turkey into the shopping cart, it is empty. Just prior, she had put two quarts of milk in the cart. The milk disappeared.
- When Carrie picks up the little turkey, she places one hand on the bottom of it. In a later shot, she is suddenly only holding it by the top.
- Errors in geography
In the supermarket, Doug is seen carrying a six-pack of Cheerwine. Cheerwine is not available for distribution in New York.